1. Why should I come to you for my actor headshots?
I'm pretty nice with mine......did you not get the memo?
Seriously, I have approximately 7 years working at the craft of photography. Out of those 7 years, 4 have been devoted to headshot photography. And, out of that 4, I've devoted 3 years to actor headshot photography. almost exclusively
2. I need work, can you hook me up with a talent agent, or an audition?
No, I can't. But, I can help you with resources that can make the process a bit more easier to understand and work to your advantage.
3. What do you recommend, clothing- wise?
This is one of those questions that is both simple and complicated all at the same time. In fact, I could write a very long blog post about this particular subject. But for sanity sake, I'l save the long form for the blog:
1. Pick what looks good on you, and fits you. If you don't trust your sense of style, get someone whose opinion you value to help you on this end.
2. Try for colors that contrast as well as compliment you. Not too crazy in the color department, but something with some decent pop. Avoid big, noticeable patterns unless the role you're going for is looking for that.
3. Make sure your gear is cleaned and pressed for your session. Nothing screams, " I'm totally not a pro" than having clothes that are wrinkled and look dirty on you.
There's so much more granular we can get, but you'll just have to wait for the blog
4. Can I mix and match actor headshot packages?
The packages are designed based on preferences of a variety of people that I've worked with over the years, so I try to avoid mixing and matching if at all possible. However, I am flexible, within reason, and does not complicate things too much. Another option is to add services from the A La Carte section of the Rates page if need be.
5. Do you offer hair and makeup services?
No, unfortunately I don't. But I do know a very good MUA that can help with your needs.
6. Do you curse like a sailor?
No I don't curse like a sailor........I curse like a grunt; BIG DIFFERENCE.
7. I'm getting into acting, and need headshots. What acting headshot package do you suggest?
For folks just getting into acting, or are very new to it, I recommend the Pro Actor Headshot Package. It's a good middle ground for folks starting out in the industry, and won't totally break their budget.
If, on the other hand, you need a much more robust solution, I also offer the Deluxe Actor Headshot Package . This is the master package that combines the best of the other packages, with more image options.
8. Do you guarantee that I will get roles from your headshots?
No, unfortunately; not even the very well connected headshot photographers can promise that. That determination is made by Casting, and they have their own set of rules that they go by to determine who gets a shot at a role vs who doesn't. That said, I do offer resources that can help you get an edge when it comes to dealing with them.
9. Do you offer photography discounts from time to time?
Yes I do! Acting school students, and/ or college students taking up acting courses are eligible for up to a 25% discount on any of my Pro and/ or Deluxe actor headshot sessions. Proof of attendance in either college or acting school/ actor coaching session reacquired.
10. Do you offer to shoot on location?
Yes, I do offer that service. A non refundable fee of 99.99 is required to do location shoots. Location shoots are limited to Brooklyn, and Manhattan, only. Location fee is independent of the reservation fee; both must be paid at least 1 week in advance of the session.
11. You offer a refund if I am not satisfied with the results of the photography session/ Is that true?
Yes. Let me explain in more detail...
Upon completion of the session, you and I will sit down and look at the images, or, if you're not able, then you'll have the gallery to make your choices from. If during the search you find that you are not happy with any of them, you have 2 options;
1) reschedule for another session at no additional cost to you, I can only do the revisit once, and it must be done at my home studio.
2) request a refund, less the location fee, if the session was done outside of my home studio. You will no longer have access to the images after the refund is issued. Additionally, you will be required to sign an agreement that what images you did receive will not be used under any conditions since you were not happy with them.
12. Am i required to sign a contract in order to do a acting headshot session?
Yes, however, the contract is designed to be very simple to read and understand. Contract must be approved, and signed off by you prior to any session, otherwise the session cannot go into effect, and the day is re-opened to other potential clients.
13. I've never gotten acting headshots before, and and I'm nervous about what to do. What do I do?
This is the part I love so much. You have nothing to worry about since I will be working with you to get you looking good for your actor headshots. Pretty much all you need to do is show up, and leave the heavy lifting to me! :thumbsup:
14. I'm not an actor, but I still want headshots, Can you help me?